Jedi Syndicate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JK2 Beginner's. Suggestions and Explanations of ur Config settings

5 posters

Go down

JK2 Beginner's. Suggestions and Explanations of ur Config settings Empty JK2 Beginner's. Suggestions and Explanations of ur Config settings

Post  Kin Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Hey, i borrowed this from another jk2 forum, this is-int mine nor did i write this. This is made by Pooky and Posted by kaiser.
Im just re-posting their thread here.

Code:
// Generic config for all modes
// The first section of the .cfg consists entirely of control bindings. I strongly recommend setting your binds in a custom .cfg rather than using the in game menus. Since all mods load seperate .cfg files, you'll frequently need to reset your controls and this is just a faster way to do it.
unbindall //Removes all your current key bindings. Since I frequently set binds to chat sayings or other random crap, I use this to ensure all my controls are reset when I load the game.
bind TAB "+useforce" //Use your currently selected force power. Not REALLY a necessary bind, since all good players bind their force powers to seperate keys anyway. I just like having it for completion's sake.
bind ENTER "+button2" //I honestly don't remember what this does. <_<
bind SPACE "+moveup" //Jump.
bind MWHEELUP "weapprev" //Previous weapon.
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext" //Next weapon.
bind MOUSE4 "force_pull" //Force Pull. If I could only choose one power to bind to a key, it would be this one. By far the most important force power in multiplayer. Bind this to an easy to reach place, preferably on your mouse, and get comfortable with using it.
bind MOUSE5 "force_throw" //Force Push. Not as vital as Pull, but still recommended to bind this in an easy to reach place.
bind CTRL "force_speed" //Force Speed.
bind v "force_seeing" //Force Sight.
bind V "force_seeing" // Force Sight. There's a bug in JK2 1.02 where the game recognizes lowercase and capital letters as seperate keybindings. Therefore if you're going to bind anything to a letter, you'd better make sure to bind both cases so you don't screw yourself over by accidentally pressing capslock.
bind - "forceprev" //Cycles back through force powers. Don't ever try to use this in a fight. I only have it bound so I can review what powers I have at a glance.
bind , "messagemode3" //Private message. Move your crosshair over another player and press this key to send a PM.
bind = "forcenext" //Cycles forward through force powers. Don't ever try to use this in a fight. I only have it bound so I can review what powers I have at a glance.
bind . "messagemode4" //Reply to a private message without having to locate and target the person who PM'ed you. This command is somewhat buggy, so I wouldn't rely on it for sensitive messages. Only included for completion's sake.
bind 0 "weapon 10" // Select explosives. This command is bugged in JK2 1.02 and won't let you select mines or detpacks unless you also have thermal detonators, so make sure you have weapnext and weapprev bound.
bind 1 "weapon 1" //Select lightsaber. Press again to turn the saber off. While the saber is active it'll emit noise and light that are easily noticeable even through walls. Some people also like to turn their saber off and bow before duels.
bind 2 "weapon 2" //Select pistol.
bind 3 "weapon 3" //Select blaster.
bind 4 "weapon 4" //Select sniper.
bind 5 "weapon 5" //Select bowcaster.
bind 6 "weapon 6" //Select repeater.
bind 7 "weapon 7" //Select demp gun.
bind 8 "weapon 8" //Select golan.
bind 9 "weapon 9" //Select rockets.
bind [ "invprev" //Cycles back through inventory. Don't ever try to use this in a fight. I only have it bound so I can review my inventory at a glance.
bind ] "invnext" //Cycles forward through inventory. Don't ever try to use this in a fight. I only have it bound so I can review my inventory at a glance.
bind ` "toggleconsole" //Binding the 'toggleconsole' command doesn't seem to actually do anything in JK2, but what the hell.
bind a "+moveleft" //Strafe left.
bind d "+moveright" //Strafe right.
bind k "engage_duel" //Target another player in your crosshair at close range and press engage_duel to challenge them to a no-force saber only duel. Do the same to accept a duel challenge. During duel mode you can't damage or be damaged by other players (except by saber throw glitching... but let's not get into that).
bind r "+use" //Use. In base jk2 this is only really used to get shields from those green trash cans in CTF. Some mods and custom maps however have objects which require the use key to activate.
bind s "+back" //Move backwards.
bind t "messagemode2" //Team chat.
bind w "+forward" //Move forward.
bind y "messagemode" //Standard chat.
bind h "+taunt" //Not bound by default. Makes your character hold out his arm and say something.
bind p "cg_thirdperson !" //Thirdperson mode. The ! means it's a toggle bind.
bind P "cg_thirdperson !" //Thirdperson mode. The ! means it's a toggle bind.
bind A "+moveleft" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind D "+moveright" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind K "engage_duel" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind R "+use" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind S "+back" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind T "messagemode2" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind W "+forward" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind Y "messagemode" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind H "+taunt" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind ~ "toggleconsole" //Repeat bind for capslock bug.
bind ALT "+speed" // Hold down to walk, or to run if you have "always run" set to off. But only dumb people do that.
bind SHIFT "+movedown" //Crouch. Tap it while moving to roll.
bind INS "scoresUp" //Scroll up through the scoreboard.
bind DEL "scoresDown" //Scroll down through the scoreboard.
bind END "team follow1" //Join spectator mode.
bind F1 "+scores" //Show the scoreboard. If you have "defer models" set to on (which I strongly reccomend), you can press this to refresh people's current player models.
bind F2 "use_bacta" //Use the bacta item.
bind F5 "use_field" //Use the forcefield item.
bind F4 "use_sentry" //Use the sentry item.
bind F3 "use_seeker " //Use the seeker drone.
bind F8 "kill" //Kill yourself. Mainly used in CTF so you can quickly respawn at your base.
bind F9 exec pooky.cfg //It's often useful to bind a key to execute your config so you can reset all your controls and settings with one button press.
bind MOUSE1 "+attack" //Primary fire.
bind MOUSE2 "+altattack" //Alt fire.
bind MOUSE3 "saberAttackCycle" //Cycle lightsaber styles.
bind leftarrow say_team left //Chat bind for CTF so you can let your team know where the flag carrier went with one button press.
bind rightarrow say_team right //Chat bind for CTF so you can let your team know where the flag carrier went with one button press.
bind downarrow say_team mid //Chat bind for CTF so you can let your team know where the flag carrier went with one button press.
//
seta cl_maxpackets "63" //Network cvar. Use these settings to optimize the game's netcode for modern broadband connections.
seta rate "25000" //Network cvar. Use these settings to optimize the game's netcode for modern broadband connections.
seta snaps "40" //Network cvar. Use these settings to optimize the game's netcode for modern broadband connections.
seta com_maxfps "125" //Caps the game's maximum FPS at a specified value. Due to a strange attribute of the Quake 3 engine, your strafe jumps will go further and faster if com_maxfps is capped at certain values.
seta cg_drawfps "1" //Displays a framerate counter at the top right of your screen.
seta cg_bobup "0" //Removes all the first person camera bob for smoother aiming.
seta cg_bobpitch "0" //Removes all the first person camera bob for smoother aiming.
seta cg_bobroll "0" //Removes all the first person camera bob for smoother aiming.
seta cg_runroll "0" //Removes all the first person camera bob for smoother aiming.
seta cg_runpitch "0" //Removes all the first person camera bob for smoother aiming.
seta cg_drawTimer "1" //Draws a timer at the top right of your screen which shows how long the current map has been running.
seta cg_drawcrosshair "7" //Cg_drawcrosshair command selects your crosshair. Works with all numbers 1-9, I prefer 7.
seta cg_fov "100" //100 degree field of view. Strongly reccomended for lightsaber combat.
seta cg_lagometer "1" //Draws a box on the right of your screen which gives you a visual indication of your connection to the server. Generally speaking, smooth lines good, jaggy lines bad.
set model "lando" //Your player model. Can use any stock or custom model you prefer (even team colors).
set team_model "lando" //Your player model for team games. Why this is chosen seperately I have no idea.
set color1 3 // Your lightsaber color. Can be any number 0-6.
seta r_mode "-1" //Sets your resolution. I'm using a widescreen monitor so I have to use custom resolution which is -1.
seta r_customwidth "1440" //Custom horizontal resolution.
seta r_customheight "900" //Custom vertical resolution.
set sensitivity "6.375000" //Overall mouse sensitivity. Find what works for you, then save it here.
set m_yaw "0.029" //Horizontal mouse speed. I use this to make my mouse slightly faster sideways than upwards (useful for backstabs). You can also set vertical speed with m_pitch.
seta com_hunkmegs "256" //Allows the game to use more memory than normal. Needed for some custom maps, and just makes things run better overall. Value in MB.
seta cg_speedtrail "0" //Enables or disables the force speed effect. Though it's a valuable indicator in combat, I turn it off because the effect annoys me.
set cl_allowdownload "0" //Enable or disable your game from autodownloading files from server. I turn it off to keep the game from downloading shit I don't want. Most servers these days disable auto download anyway.
seta con_notifytime "20" //Changes how long console messages remain on screen. The default time is really short and makes it easy to miss what people say, so I make it slower.
seta r_swapinterval "0" //Enables or disables vsync. If you're using com_maxfps for optimum jumping, you want to make sure vsync is disabled.
set name "^7^6^7Herpaderp^5" //Your name. Color codes are ^1 through ^6

Code:
// test config file for Darkside
//
bind MOUSE5 "force_throw"
bind MOUSE4 "force_pull"
bind CTRL "force_speed"
bind x "+force_lightning"
bind q "force_forcepowerother"
bind e "+force_grip"
bind g "force_rage"
bind f "+force_drain"
bind v "force_seeing"
bind X "+force_lightning"
bind Q "force_forcepowerother"
bind E "+force_grip"
bind G "force_rage"
bind F "+force_drain"
bind V "force_seeing"

Code:
// test config file for Lightside
//
bind MOUSE5 "force_throw"
bind MOUSE4 "force_pull"
bind CTRL "force_speed"
bind e "force_protect"
bind q "force_absorb"
bind g "force_heal"
bind f "force_healother"
bind x "force_distract"
bind v "force_seeing"
bind E "force_protect"
bind Q "force_absorb"
bind G "force_heal"
bind F "force_healother"
bind X "force_distract"
bind V "force_seeing"
Kin
Kin

Back to top Go down

JK2 Beginner's. Suggestions and Explanations of ur Config settings Empty Re: JK2 Beginner's. Suggestions and Explanations of ur Config settings

Post  Haven Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Nice find! Could be very useful!

Haven
Admin

https://jedisyndicate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

JK2 Beginner's. Suggestions and Explanations of ur Config settings Empty Re: JK2 Beginner's. Suggestions and Explanations of ur Config settings

Post  Quaiser Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:08 am

Nice post good to have around Cool
Quaiser
Quaiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Herpaderp Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 pm

lol I wrote this btw. Funny how I only posted it in one place but now find it all over the internet. You're welcome.

Herpaderp

Back to top Go down

Post  Haven Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:46 am

Herpaderp wrote:lol I wrote this btw. Funny how I only posted it in one place but now find it all over the internet. You're welcome.

I had noticed your name somewhere in there too! Haha thanks i guess Razz

Haven
Admin

https://jedisyndicate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Herpaderp Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 am

I think its cool that people are finding it useful. I didn't even realize at the time I wrote it that people would need something like that.

Oh, and I've since remembered what +button2 does. It uses your inventory item Very Happy

Herpaderp

Back to top Go down

Post  voodoo* Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:50 am

rofl i even had missed a few myself

voodoo*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum